Here are a few ‘work in progress’ behind the scenes pics from Kill Kat 1!
The making-of continues in Part two! Part one is here.
Time for some bling! A few small holes were drilled into the figure around the ankles and wrist to allow chain, wire and accessories to connect securely and seamlessly. At this point I assembled all of my metal pieces for placement and fitting. This was all done prior to painting so that threading chains and fitting roughed out sharp metal shapes wouldn’t ruin the finish.
Click through to continue with Part 2
I often get requests to do some behind the scenes ‘making-of’ posts like I did for Milo & Ditch or the Android figures. They’re fun to do, and I managed to document the process of this particular project pretty well, so here we go again for my custom of Ferg’s Misfortune Cat for the recent show at Munky King.
I’m not usually one for meme / internet news and/or historical based illustrations, but this story on Boing Boing of a cat + an airship + a technological milestone was too much for me to ignore! Still a “work in progress” and I’m not sure if I’ll do anything with the image, it was mostly just for fun.
p.s. if you want to know if i ever make a print of this and you’re not a regular visitor, why not sign up for the newsletter?
Hello everyone! While it may look a little slow on the front page, things have been plenty busy over here! I finished up a big custom project and now I’m finishing up a few small pieces for the New Moon show at myplasticheart in two weeks. On top of that I’m moving into a new studio this month, so things are pretty crazy!
Green O-No Sushi hitting stores starting this week, and another little green surprise coming your way in a few days.
(Part 1 can be found here)
Work continued on the heart accessory as eyes and valves were sculpted out of resin directly onto the piece. Once set up and sanded down it was hit with a coat of primer, followed by a base coat of red. A darker red was lightly sprayed below the “mouth”.