This is part 2 of the work in progress of Milo and Ditch, part 1 is here!
I moved over to Illustrator to mock up some of the more detailed areas. I did some research on incredibly colorful poison dart frogs to help inspire a back design for Ditch.
Getting to actual work, a “mouth” was cut out of the vinyl. Teeth were then sculpted in situ out of a 2-part resin, followed by eye sockets. The helmet is a piece of found plastic from my “big box of parts”.
The body had pretty big holes where the ears were once attached, so those areas had to be filled in and built out with resin. Much sanding and sweating later, the joined areas were relatively smooth.
After some priming, it’s time to hit paint. Given the specific colors that I wanted, I opted for a custom mix of acrylic and airbrushing application over regular spraypaint.
Tomorrow, painting and the final piece!